Sunday 12 September 2010

Day Three 27.7.10 Exeter to Bristol

Exeter YH was very pleasant, I believe it is going to be closed which is a shame. Matt, Steve and Andy were off to Street, I’m heading for Bristol. We won’t meet up again until Carlisle. Felt much better this morning, light rain to start with and trouble with my pump , a local bike shop kindly sorted it out for me. The route was much flatter today and much more enjoyable although I did encounter three monster climbs and my chain came off during some urgent downshifting at Cheddar. Chafing set in as well so Vaseline and Sudocrem were used liberally. Bristol also has a superb cycle network and I arrived at the Youth Hostel at 6.15. Bristol YH seems to cater for a Bistro type clientele and the atmosphere was very impersonal. This was my least favourite stopover. Seven and a half hours pedalling, 84.09 miles and an average speed of 11.3 mph.

No comments:

Post a Comment