Sunday 12 September 2010

Day One 25.7.10 Land's End to Golant


We had an early breakfast the following day and got to Land’s End at about 8.20 where there were several other end to enders. After photos at the signpost I set off at 8.45, waved off by Andy. A few miles later he was at St Buryan to cheer me on and run alongside feeding me Jaffa Cakes! The weather was overcast and a bit drizzly at first but gradually brightened up. It was easy going through Penzance and Marazion and on to the King Harry Ferry after which there were some sharp climbs, mercifully fairly short. A lack of signposts at some of the minor road junctions meant I ended up on a couple of unintended detours. Arrived at Golant Youth Hostel at 4.45 where I met two other cyclists Matt and Steve who were just as worn out as me! It turned out that we would be staying at a number of the same Hostels during the ride although our routes were different. After just over six and a half hours in the saddle, a distance of 70.6 miles and an average speed of 10.6 mph I showered, ate and turned in at 8.45.

No comments:

Post a Comment