Sunday 12 September 2010

Day Eleven 4.8.10 Stirling to Crianlarich


As I had a fairly short day to Crianlarich there was no rush and after a leisurely breakfast I set off at 8.55. The terrain was flat and easy going until Lochearnhead. There was then a steady climb, a strong headwind and a very rough road surface which made for a tough few miles. The weather was cool and cloudy until I was almost in Crianlarich and then the sun came out. I had a meal at the railway station tea shop and, read a paper and wrote some postcards. As there were two 90+ milers over the next two days an early night was called for. Three hours and fifty three minutes in the saddle, 46.5 miles and an average speed of 12 mph. Once back home I saw a programme about torrential rain causing major landslides and trapping people who had to be airlifted to safety in August 2004. This was along Glen Ogle which I had just ridden –in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment